Skip to main content

My First 5k Run - How it started

Always I had dreamt of running in groups and meeting marathon runners. But never chased or even thought of stepping into the running journey. Undergone many downs in my life but no ups. Very mediocre life I have lived and nothing special till I started this best workout.


As a school kid, I loved playing all sports and being at playground made me free spirited kid. I was the best in my school in sports and was SPL too. I was confident like tigress, majestic like lioness. Why am I referring animals for confidence and majesty is because they own those qualities and they never compromise their own quality at any cost. Hence I referred.

Courtesy

After growing up, early adolescent life was very bitter because of the family's financial status. Then marriage life, where I had Himalayan expectation which was as disappointing as falling into the valley from the mountain top. Had kid as part of the marriage life. Nothing big or even happy life was not happening after undergoing all problems. Very few friends were there to share. Sharing did not solve anything but atleast some kind of vent out was there for me because of my friends. 

There came the chance of reliving my dreamt life, THE RUN, THE RUNNING. In my community's ladies-only whatsapp group, received a message announcing that anybody can register in that training program but with the interest to run. I was more than to be HAPPY. Happy is less expressive word to be precise.

That was Cto5k, Couch to 5km running training program for 8 weeks and I immediately registered as I did not want to miss the GOLDEN opportunity. Yes that was literally a golden opportunity.

What happened NEXT?

Want to know?

Will post it soon as my kid is disturbing me and I will continue in my next post.. Tata Bubyeee...

Comments